Attachments loose their names!

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:28:33 +0100

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:57:09 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>I do occasionaly get "unnamed attachments", but the only two I have
>in my history are unnamed because, uhm, they have no name specified
>(by any method)!

I have seen this quite often, one particular culprit is Outcast Excuse
which does not specify the filename in the headers but instead using
some Micros~1 proprietary format where the filename is tagged on to the
beginning of the attachment, I forget exactly what the header says the
format is. Micros~1 products understand this, but no other software
does.

About what I would expect in all honesty.
              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails