Have they given up?

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:56:13 -0700

Wednesday, April 12, 2000, 3:43:04 PM, David wrote:
> I refer to the current owners of PMMail.

    Being BSW.

> mailing list weren't very interested because most won't read e-mail in
> this format but I thought that the owners of the application might be.

    Nevermind the fact that I know that I said such examples were already sent
to BSW and that you should send yours to BSW as well.  I do believe Trevor
said the same thing.

> The lack of response from the current owners to anything posted on
> this mailing list leads me to suspect that they are starting to rue the
> day when they purchased PMMail and as far as any enhancements
> or bug fixes are concerned they have resolved not to throw good
> money after bad.

    Well, what do you expect.  This mailing list was tossed together when the
previous mailing list went AWOL for over a month.  Neither this list or the
last one was an official support channel.  I know Bob & Ike (Southsoft)
maintained an /informal/ presence on the home of the previous list.  When this
list was put together they never got onto it because they were in the middle
of the transfer of ownership to BSW.

    I know that at least two people from BSW are on this list.  In fact, the
most active participant is, and correct me if I'm wrong, a part of BSW.  I
don't consider that a "lack of response to anything posted on this mailing
list."  He responds the best he can.  Jimmy, which we do know is a part of
BSW, also responds the best he can from time to time.  That is pretty darned
good for a mailing list which is, for all intents and purposes, not officially
or publicly sanctioned by the owning company.  I chose to create this list
when the last one disappeared to keep it alive and let it remain on my system
for the past year even though I no longer use PMMail.

    I agree with you in that I'd like to see more activity out of BSW since I
would switch back to PMMail in a heartbeat if only it had decent IMAP support.
I am frustrated as any at the lack of progress (reports?) on the program.  But
I won't ignore the two individuals who are here from BSW doing their best.