E-mail that crashes PMMail 2000

Bruce Francis pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:08:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:57:35 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:26:47 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:
>>In any event, the client shouldn't terminate on any /content/ (good or bad),
>>like it does with this message.
>
>I absolutely agree - and I am sure this is what the programmers
>intended, but since you can't test with all possible combinations
>of invalid data (not without infinite monkeys anyway), I'll allow
>them this bug, provided they fix it pronto (which should be v.easy).

Exactly -- this is what I meant.  There is no way the programmer(s)
could have anticipated garbage input, so I don't begrudge them the
bug.

However, I expect them to acknowledge it as a bug, and plug
this hole accordingly.

(I'm becoming pretty exasperated by BSW's continuing silence.
I recognize that they don't view this list as "theirs", but I also don't
see any sort of "news" on their website.

The silence is deafening.    Pass that back to the owners, Jimmie/Trevor.)

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"