E-mail that crashes PMMail 2000

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:54:18 -0700

Thursday, April 13, 2000, 1:36:04 PM, Trevor wrote:
> OK, I get your point. Sorry, I try my best, but the simple fact is,
> businesses don't always have a steady stream of new information to
> tell their customers. We're obviously trying to improve and release
> products as quickly as possible. But most days all there is to tell
> you is, "nothing has changed, we're still not 100% sure when the next
> version will be released or what all will be in it."

    OK, just to do a reverse let me also defend the rabid sharks we have on
this list in their feeding frenzy for information and updates.  I'll do it
with this simple example.  In the archives I just got I marveled at the fact
that we had a long, drawn-out thread in February, *1998* regarding the
inclusion of IMAP.  That was two years, two months ago.  I participated in
that thread and my first entry into it was "I've been pestering them about it
for years, the answer has always been, version 2."

    I think BSW must understand that the people that are vocal on this list
represent a lot of PMMail's core customers that have been around for years.
Some of them, yes, me being one of them, have waited for features to be
implemented on a timescale that is, literally, pushing to the point where
"decade" can be employed and not be out of place.

    PMMail's core group consists mostly of old time OS/2ers.  Some have moved
on, some have not, but there generally is one common thread for them all.
They're about as rabid as a pack of Amiga users at the scent of a possible
release of their beloved product.  PMMail, to many, is held at that same
level.

    I said pack of sharks and I meant it.  Give us something and there /will/
be a feeding frenzy of discussion that will give BSW some time to breath.  It
has to be something more substantial than BSW's name put onto the product and
the build counter incremented a few times.  I know BSW has done more than that
but it doesn't feel like it.

    As for BSW being just a handful of people, you must remember something
that we all know.  PMMail, until about a year ago, was programmed at a faster
pace and had at least equal support in public forums such as this by *2*
people alone.  Telling us you've got a handful of people tells us that you
have /more/ than 2 people and, according to our math, that means things should
be happening now, not two minor releases in just under a year which is
Southsoft's speed with 2 people.  ;)