Have they given up?

Steve Wendt pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:47:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:38:12 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    You forgot #4: IBM never supported OS/2 and probably never will.  During
>my time using OS/2 IBM did virtually /NOTHING/ to support OS/2.  Sure, they

That appears to be changing.  IBM has announced annual (?) convenience packs,
starting in November.  Haven't read the details yet, but it SOUNDS good.

>IE was an acquisition of another browser after Netscape became big.
>Of course, Netscape came from... crap, NCSA?  I can't remember the name.

Not exactly... Netscape was created by some of the same people who did Mosaic
(NCSA Mosaic, if you prefer).  Mosaic was licensed by M$ to be used as the basis
for IE.  They then screwed the company (Spyglass) out of royalty payments.
"Well, we give it away for free, so your % is $0."  At the time, Netscape was far
superior to Mosaic, which is why IE was crap for so long.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)