Have they given up?

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:30:23 +0900 (EST)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:47:49 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>>IE was an acquisition of another browser after Netscape became big.
>>Of course, Netscape came from... crap, NCSA?  I can't remember the name.
>
>Not exactly... Netscape was created by some of the same people who did Mosaic
>(NCSA Mosaic, if you prefer).  Mosaic was licensed by M$ to be used as the basis
>for IE.  They then screwed the company (Spyglass) out of royalty payments.
>"Well, we give it away for free, so your % is $0."  At the time, Netscape was far
>superior to Mosaic, which is why IE was crap for so long.

Which would have to make the clearest case for the lack of innovation, poor quality etc of MS as compared to the rest
of the industry.

They can only manage to produce rubbish even when they start from the same code base.

Then they proceed to cover up the result with dubious(!) business and marketing practices.

It looks very similar to the results of the political process doesn't it?

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
Melbourne PC User Group Inc.
Email: talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... No, Windows isn't dead - it just smells that way!