Have they given up?

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 07:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:41:49 -0700, John Bridges wrote:

>I also left OS/2 a few years ago (I think I formatted over the last OS/2
>partition in late 1997?), slowly moved over to WinNT (now Win2000).

Another Microsoft marketing success story. Do you follow this logic with
other product purchases? Change to an inferior product because it is more
popular.

>Are you suggesting that BSW concentrate on the OS/2 version to gather new
>OS/2 users, and upgrade dollars from existing OS/2 PMMail users?

I'm suggesting that BSW continue support for OS2 (PMMail's initial
success). If there was *real* competition on product to product basis
without market leverage and coercion, I think the result would be the same
for the desktop client as it has been for the server/enterprise version.

>Or do you think they should try to attract Windows users who are likely
>already familiar with the free email clients available to them from Satan and
>other minor demons like Eudora and Netscape.

I think every third party developer should be free and unfettered to
support multiple platforms. Let the better o/s win. :-) The majority of
Windows users didn't chose their o/s. It was coercively provided to them
and they are ignorant of better alternatives.
--
/s/~Kris <norseman@humboldt1.com>