Have they given up?

Ken Diehl pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:50:00 -0500

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 07:39:26 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:38:12 -0700, Steve wrote:
>
>>    You forgot #4: IBM never supported OS/2 and probably never will.  During
>>my time using OS/2 IBM did virtually /NOTHING/ to support OS/2.  Sure, they
>>would release bug fixes but a lot of the projects they announced which would
>>help the OS/2 community flourish where nixed.  OS/2 was never an option to be
>>installed on IBMs own personal and laptop computer.  IBM constantly blocked
>>things which would help OS/2.  The more paranoid OS/2 users would basically
>>say that IBM has done its damned best to kill OS/2.  On a bad day, I tend to
>>agree with them.

Not sure what you mean by support but when I started using OS2 ver. 2
(how long ago was that??), IBM did have technical support.  I know
because I talked to them a couple of times.  It was somewhat convoluted
(sp?) but everything was compared to Wordperfect in those days.  And
IBM did install OS2 on their computers at one time but it was awhile
ago.  They certainly didn't put much effort behind any of it.  I would
agree that IBM has killed OS2 at least in the non-commercial market.  I
just don't think they had the stomach or the mindset for it.