Have they given up?

John Bridges pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:43:45 -0700

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:04:11 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>>Then I had a system crash, there was no way to backup all those system
>>settings, and it was just too painful to enter them all again, and I was
>
>??
>
>Did you try a Desktop archive? Turn it on in the Desktop's properties
>notebook.

Oh yeah, problem is, the desktop refers to objects outside the archive, so
you can't really use an old archive after you've beening doing other stuff.

Plus the seeds of the eventual crash were often in that backup....

I often ran with a super flakey setup to avoid a fresh install.  I even did
that with WinNT to some degree, using the same install for 4 years, even
across a couple hardware swaps, just copied all the files from one drive to
another, or moved the drive into the new machine. I was finally undone with I
switched from Matrox to a TNT2 video card, the Matrox drivers messed
everything up so badly I had to give up.

By the way, Unreal Tournament will work on your Matrox, try updating the
drivers. You can find the latest greatest at

http://www.reactorcritical.com

click on Downloads