Another Wish for the List

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:58:23 -0300 (ADT)

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:15:06 -0400, Bill McCarthy wrote:

>The filter calls the cmd file and then deletes the local copy.  The cmd
>file copies to a particular directory.  The other account does it's reading
>via SMTP from that particular directory.  So, for example, I've instructed
>the sysop to bounce a copy of each office email to my ISP.  It shows up in
>my office account on my pc.  And I don't need to re-index.

This is an interesting system. However, if you want to move mail to
an account which you already use to receive mail from a POP3 server,
you would have to manually switch it to SMTP receive every time your
script is run, negating its usefulness.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6