Have they given up?

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:05:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:03:36 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:00:11 -0700 (PDT), Bill Wood wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately, Scitech
>>doesn't really have any tech support. Instead they throw you to
>>the mercy of a user list. Hmmm. Sounds familiar.
>
>Scitech is hiring, but no one is applying.  :)
>I know for a fact that OS/2 e-mail tech support over the last couple of
>months *has* gotten answered.

+++++

Maybe so, but not mine. In fact, I would be grateful for even a
support email address. Can't find one on their site. To make
matters worse, despite what they have stated in smaller OS2
forums (and email to me back when they answered some), they now
deny on their web site that their OS2 Display Doctor even
supports the new high performance chips from nVidia, 3Dfx, and
S3 Savage. But, I run nVidia TNT2 with their Beta 9 SW???
Sounds like tech support ass-covering to me.

I do know that good people are hard to find. But, there is an
ethical question here of whether a company should even market a
commercial product without some in-place tech support plan.
Particularly for SW. In fairness, though, maybe their plans
were overwhelmed by success. There's always the unexpected.

It's a good thing IBM had tech support in place before OS2
first came out :o).

w3

w3

Bill Wood