Have they given up?

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:13:57 -0300 (ADT)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:05:17 -0700 (PDT), Bill Wood wrote:

>It's a good thing IBM had tech support in place before OS2
>first came out :o).

I found IBM's tech support for consumers (after the release of Warp
3) to be horrible and, before I learned of Microsoft's arm twisting,
I thought it was one of the large reasons IBM threw in the towel on
the consumer market. I read somewhere that they just didn't
anticipate how expensive it was to sell and support to the consumer
market.

Anyway, in my first day or two with OS/2 I called and said:

I've got this directory with a space in it's name (isn't OS/2
great?). How do I change into it from the command line?

The guy didn't know. He spent 5 minutes with me on hold asking other
tech support people until they figured it out. That's not good tech
support training. :-(

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6