Have they given up?

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:09:48 -0300 (ADT)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:17:28 +0900 (EST), John Angelico wrote:

>Depends on ISV's and how they write their programs, surely? And can be changed too. Apart from DeScribe, I agree
>there are a lot of proggies that make the DOS assumption that data is in a sub-dir below the prog directory. Funny
>PMMail does this too. (Is this sufficiently on-topic yet? <g>)

Actually, if you don't specify, PMMail/2 assumes that the account
directories are below the directory where pmmail.exe is. However, if
you *specifically* tell PMMail/2 where to find its account
directories (by entering the path in the "Working Directory" field of
the program object), then it obviously looks wherever you tell it to.

*AND*, this is an instance where it is done 'right' as far as moving
things is concerned, since OS/2 keeps track of directories well, if
you then drag and drop the directory where your account directories
are, even moving it to another partition, the program object is
updated without the user ever needing to worry about it.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6