4-18-00 PMMERGE Fix for FP 13 Breaks PMMail Directory Icons

Dan Casey pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:38:25 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:58:00 -0500 (CDT), S Zaveloff wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:55:49 -0700 (PDT), James F. Marshall wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 07:45:08 +0200 (CED), Alexander Sarras
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"I'm not sure what's going on.
>>
>>This relates to problems with FP 13.  In short, FP 13 breaks
>>printing of graphics from certain programs, including PMfax and
>>Applause!  The 4-18-00 PMMERGE fix restores printing but makes
>>the PMMail directory icons (the tree and email listings) look
>>like trash.
>>

>I'm not seeing this. On my system, the new PMMERGE fixed the
>problem with printing from PMFax but did not cause any other
>changes that I can tell.

This is a direct quote from Irv Spalten, IBM Service Team, relating
the the PMMail Icon problem experienced by *some* users, as it
relates to the new PMMERGE.DLL file:

I'm trying to get that answer. After reviewing changed file AFTER the
system build (I posted privates on file that were supposed to only be
the ones changed and tested on my system and a few others) I now see
quite a few more video related DLL's. So many, that it almost makes
it
impractical to make an individual ZIP file? When we get confirmation
what the problem is and what files are involved, we'll be able to
make a
determination. I may still make the files into a ZIP, but at this
point
I might recommend getting the FP (when re-released) if you observe
any
problems.

There is also an outside possibility that this will have to wait for
the
next FP. Don't know.

Irv

Dan Casey
President, VOICE   http://www.os2voice.org
http://members.iquest.net/~dcasey
Charter Associate Member: Team SETI   http://www.seti-inst.edu/
Warpstock 98 in Chicago: I was there!
Warpstock 99 in Atlanta: I was there!
Warpstock 2000 in Philadelphia: See you There!
To request my PGP Public Key, send e-mail with "Req PGP Key" as Subject Line