PMMail/2 and .vcf attachments

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:17:14 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:09:54 -0400, Jonathan B. Bayer wrote:

>Hmmm.  Trevor, is the message or vcf attachment pgp encoded/signed?
>Also, you may need to look at the pgp libraries to see if they are
>trying to contact the key servers.

This is all very strange to me. There is a PGP key in the VCF. Why
would PMMail/2 want to look up the key? Shrug. Maybe there is some
VCF specification that allows/forces an application to search for
keys? Or maybe this is a bug in PMMail/2? (It would seem like a
strange bug -- "accidentally" calling a routine to properly use
TCP/IP to contact a remote server and request a PGP key.)

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6