PMMail/2 and .vcf attachments

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:15:28 +0100 (BST)

>Hmmm.  Trevor, is the message or vcf attachment pgp encoded/signed?
>Also, you may need to look at the pgp libraries to see if they are
>trying to contact the key servers.
The message wasn't pgp encoded or signed, but the .vcf did contain my
PGP key which PMMail passes to pgp to add to it's keyring - I strongly
suspect PGP is contacting the keyserver (http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/), not
pmmail, but what for?

Searching for sbowring on this keyserver does not find me,
so whatever's happening, it's not adding me to the server's
database.

Trevor: I would look through your PGP config and docs to see if there's
        any mention of key servers or the string "pgp.ai.mit.edu"!

        I am sure you will investigate anyway, but I'd certainly
        like an explanation of this behaviour!

Simon