PMMail/2 and .vcf attachments

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:02:02 +0100 (BST)

>>Firstly I am using PGP v2.6.3i and not 5.x - this may have a bearing
>>on the problem (I dind't want to have to go through setting up pgp
>>again!).
>
>This *shouldn't* be an issue. PGP 5.xi (which I use) can read and
>verify PGP 2.6.x signatures.

Agreed!

>>Secondly, the PGP key in the .vcf file was generated by PMMail/2,
>>so if it's incorrect, then it *must*(!) be a bug in PMMail/2, maybe?
>
>Generated by PMMail/2? How? PMMail/2 only calls PGP and PGPK to do
>signing, encrypting and verifying/decrypting. It does not generate
>keys.

Ok, "generated" was probably the wrong word, I mean that if I drag
my entry from PMMail's address book to the attachment area of an
outgping email, then the .vcf file attachment that pmmail/2 "generates"
includes my PGP key (as supplied in the .vcf file I posted). I did not
edit or add the PGP key, it is exactly as PMMail specified it - it was
a big surprise to me to see my PGP key in the vCard!

>Do you mean it was generated with PMMail 2000 Pro or that it was
>retrieved from your public keyring by PMMail/2+PGPK?
Er, closest tothe 2nd, but there is no pgpk.exe in pgp 2.6.3!

>I'll do better than that, I'll just rip your key out of the VCF and
>compare its results to the key you attached to this message.
Great.

>>From what I can see, I would guess the problem is one of these:
>
>- the QP encoding
>- the tabs at the beginning of each line
>
>I'm sure that any of these could screw up PGP. The key will not
>import into my keyring until I convert/remove all the above.

Sounds like you are right!

Simon