double sends

Steve Wendt pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

I just got three double sends in a row on a mailing list.  I was sending the
messages out while downloading some files, so my modem connection was
congested.  This was probably true when it happened before as well.  Maybe
PMMail/2 misses an acknowledgment, so sends the message again?  Or maybe
not, since it does not move the message out of the outbox to the sent mail after
it sends it.  Something is wrong here, and others have had it happen, but don't
speak up, I noticed... :)

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)