PGP problems

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:29:04 -0700

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 01:07:53PM -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:
> In PMMail/2, the program uses the first key it finds in my private
> keyring which matches the email address in that account's settings.
> This is a "per account default key", is it not?

    Which is bad.  For example:

Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org>
vs.
Steve Lamb/RSA <grey@dmiyu.org>

> In PMMail 2000, the program does even more: the first key with the
> proper email address in its UID is used, but I can select a different
> default if I want in the account settings. Again, a "per account
> default key", no?

    AFAIK, no.  I don't recall the PGP settings being per account.  And
PMMail2k does not use the UID at all, it uses the key's checksum(?) to
determine which key to use, which avoids the above problem.  IIRC you can only
set one key per install of PMMail, not per account.