PGP problems

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 13:40:19 -0300

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:29:04 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 01:07:53PM -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:
>> In PMMail/2, the program uses the first key it finds in my private
>> keyring which matches the email address in that account's settings.
>> This is a "per account default key", is it not?
>
>    Which is bad.  For example:
>
>Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org>
>vs.
>Steve Lamb/RSA <grey@dmiyu.org>

Yes, definitely not good enough, but still, it does select a default
key for each account.

>>> In PMMail 2000, the program does even more: the first key with the
>> proper email address in its UID is used, but I can select a different
>> default if I want in the account settings. Again, a "per account
>> default key", no?
>
>    AFAIK, no.  I don't recall the PGP settings being per account.  And

I assure you they are. I'm in Win98 right now and I can look at each
account's settings notebook and select from a list of private keys to
use as a default (the first one matching that account's email address
is highlighted at first).

I have just tested this by switching the default keys for two
accounts and it works.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor