PGP problems

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 22:34:45 -0300

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:03:42 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    Why?  How many SAs would know 1/2 of the current problems across 2-3
>differen platforms?  I wouldn't expect tech support to know what an MX record
>is.  I'd expect them to know where to go to find out, but that is a different
>issue.

I agree with you but frankly, I'm not going to change ISPs. I have an
account with the local cable co. (had it for 3 or more years now) at
(theoretical max) 5mbps and the only other high speed option is the
local telephone co. (which is probably not as fast/reliable). Anyone
still using dial up is out to lunch. I'll suffer the odd hiccup and
figure out my own tech support before I'll go back to 56k or even
ADSL with the phone co. (which uses all sorts of silly stuff around
here). At least the cable co. sticks to unix servers and plain
TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor