MX records and such

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 07:42:38 -0700

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 08:46:58AM -0400, Skip Huffman wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:29:03 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >    In the states this is understandable because of three reasons:

> >1: very tight labor market.
> >2: management who don't know technology hiring...
> >3: anyone who has even half a clue or sounds like they do because of #1.

> And 4: those of us with a clue want too much money.

    You forgot to mention because of #1.  :)

> Technical Support, Various.
> Ten years experience.
> "Yup, I can fix that."

    Sounds about right.  You know you're able to ask for too much money
when...

...you know how to solve a problem in at least 2, maybe three languages.
Problem is, your first attempt fails because you mixed syntax from those 2-3
different languages.

    All I have to say is, never, EVER, switch between Perl and Python and
expect to have your script run the first time.  :)