I have a horrid suspicion...

xavier caballe pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 09:13:27 +0200

>What I normally do is to just change the address of the SMTP server I want to
>send with, to match the ISP I'm connected to.

I do the same, but on a different way. I have some hosts files (on Windows, they are stored on %windir%\system32
\drivers\etc\ and on OS/2 they are on \mptn\etc), one for each Internet access I use. On these hosts files, I have an
entry called 'smtp' that points to the IP address of each SMTP server.

On PMMail, instead of configuring each accofunt with its own smtp server, I just put 'smtp'... so, every time I connect
to the Internet using a different provider, such as an ISP or my company... I just have to run a batch file to replace the
hosts file with the one that maps the 'smtp' host entry to the right IP address of the SMTP server I'm allowed to use.
So, I don't have to change my PMMail configuration back and forth.

Xavi
---
 Out from the barrio, you hear my rhythm from your radio
 You feel the tunning of the world so soft and slow
 Turning you round and round.