Changing subject lines on incoming messages

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:52:56 +0900 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:04:13 +0900 (EST), John Angelico wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 01:26:21 +0100 (BST), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

[chomp]

>>I haven't tried a Message Receive Rexx Exit, as I really only want to
>>apply this to items which are filtered into a particular folder.
>>
>>Anyone got any ideas?
>
>I'd say Paul that your second idea MsgReceive exit is the way to go. But make your Rexx script very selective - put
>the equivalent of that filter into it, then you will only be modifying the ones you want.
>
>Here we use a thing called "trimline.cmd" (attached) to trim out all the garbage like "Re:" from a subject line
>before the [listname] and subject so they can be sorted by thread (sorta).
>
>HTH!
>

>Best regards
>John Angelico
>OS/2 SIG
>talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au
>

>-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
>-- Type: application/octet-stream
>-- File: trimline.cmd

Hi Paul.

Looks like Listar stripped the attachment.

If you want I can email it direct to you or post it to the list in the body of an email.

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... Let me know right away if you don't get this message.