Changing subject lines on incoming messages

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 14:49:12 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:04:13 +0900 (EST), John Angelico wrote:

>I'd say Paul that your second idea MsgReceive exit is the way to go.
But make your Rexx script very selective - put
>the equivalent of that filter into it, then you will only be modifying
the ones you want.

Yes, I guessed that might be the only way to do it.

>Here we use a thing called "trimline.cmd" (attached) to trim out all
the garbage like "Re:" from a subject line
>before the [listname] and subject so they can be sorted by thread
(sorta).

It got snipped, so could you email me a copy please?

Thanks,
Paul