Changing subject lines on incoming messages

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 07:30:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 01:26:21 +0100 (BST), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>I have tried an incoming User hook (REXX Exit) filter... this appears
>to have worked when you "View full header" on the message, but in the
>account window, the subject is still as it originally was.
>My guess is that the index has already been updated with the old
>subject before the filter has processed it.

When an /allowable action/ is executed is as important as when a filter
is executed. If you move the message first then change the subject, it
will be different than changing the subject and then moving the message.
In addition, PMMail /caches/ some functions such that changes are not
reflected until PMMail is restarted. This may appear to be a /bug/.

>I haven't tried a Message Receive Rexx Exit, as I really only want to
>apply this to items which are filtered into a particular folder.

This hook operates independent of filters. You would need to /filter/ the
messages from within the script.

>Anyone got any ideas?

Check the order of /allowable action/ execution. Try changing that order.
Try restarting PMMail to see if changes are reflected after running the
filter.

--
JMO,
/s/~Kris