pipe symbol wierdness [was Re: Streams, pipes, redirection tutorial]

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:23:49 +0100 (BST)

>Some time ago my OS/2 system broke in this respect, I too use CP437
>instead of 850, but somewhere round about FP6 it stopped working in PM
>apps, VIO works correctly in that the key with the broken pipe symbol
>produces the unbroken pipe character on the screen.

Yes ISTR it used to be "better" - CP850 has "never" worked as I expect
in VIO windows, but CP437 does.  My problem is mroe with PM apps -
some work as expected, some do not <sigh>

Simon