Python

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:44:37 +0100

On Tue, 29 Aug 00 06:58:38 +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:

>>Could you suggest any way that that somebody as ignorant as to me could
>>achieve this objective?
>

>www.python.org  gives you all the files as well as tutorial how to use

Very many thanks for taking the trouble to try and help me. I visited the site
and read the relevant pages.

Maybe I should have explained that, unlike most on this mailing list, I have a
minimal knowledge of what goes on in the box underneath my desk. For me is
it is simply a tool in the same way as my car is and I have no knowledge of
programming or scriptwriting. No doubt if I applied myself for a few days I
could master at least the basics but I could sort the addresses in the sent mail
folder completely  manually in a significantly shorter time.

It really seems to me to be rather ironic that there is no way for me to extract
a list of addresses and remove the duplicates, other than by using paper and
pencil, unless I learn a programming language...

David