Upgrading PMM98 to PMM2K

Stephen Berg pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:05:00 -0500

I've been way behind in keeping up with the current version of PMMail
over the last year or so and just noticed that PMMail 2000 is
available.

Problem I have is my copy of PMMail was not actually installed on
this computer.  I saved a copy of the directory structure before I
wiped my system out and then copied it to my newly installed machine
along with one DLL file for PGP support in the Professional version.
When I tried the installer for PMM2K it didn't seem to find my
current version to do an upgrade like the www.pmmail2000.com web site
suggests.  I'm guessing this is due to some registry entries not
being present but I wouldn't have any idea what they are.

Is there a way to force the installer to see my current installation
and upgrade it properly?

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = sberg@mississippi.com                   -//
//-               Work = berg.stephen@keesler.af.mil               -//
//-     http://iceberg.3c0x1.com/   -/-   http://www.3c0x1.com     -//