Know Your Customer - my last word

John Angelico pmmail@dmiyu.org
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:08:33 +1000 (EDT)

On Sat, 09 Dec 2000 21:33:22 -0800, Marty Abrego wrote:

>>So, please explain the logic...
>
>"Know your customer" was a set of regulations proposed by U.S. feral
>(spelled correctly) government that would have required that all banks spy
>on their customers and report back to the feral government.

Ah, OK, this is another example of feral gummints (sic! - as if there can be any other kind<g>) taking the English
language and converting it into NewSpeak (there must have been someone who read George Orwell in there).

I (mis-)understood "know your customer" to be a pungently economical use of standard English words to expresss a wise
aphorism which all businessmen ignore at their peril... <VBG> silly me!

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take from you everything you have. -- Gerald R. Ford