PMMAIL 2.3 for OS/2: Colour of 'Negotiating' box

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:51:56

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:35:46 +0100, Alexander Sarras wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:29:32, Brian Morrison wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:03:29 +0100 (MEZ), Marcus Specht wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:00:06 +0100, Alexander Sarras wrote:
>>>
>>>  ||Only one is linked from the Web-Page, though. Maybe someone from BSW could
>>>clarify, p.l.e.a.s.e. !
>>>
>>>The new one is 2.10.2010  the older one is 2.10.1999
>>
>>OK, so the fixes in the Win32 version are now in the OS/2 version. BSW
>>did say that this should happen at some time, they were a bit
>>embarrased about it not being released before now.
>>
>What facts is that assumption based on. They only think currently known on this list seems to be the changed version
>number. I don't think that's sufficient to talk about fixes....

It isn't an assumption, the Win32 release was originally 2.10.2000, the
last four digits being the build number.

When the Win32 client was refreshed, the build number was 2010
indicating that the code was different. This fixed various things to do
with PGP key rings and a few other things like the crash in the account
properties when the connection page was selected.

The OS/2 version has remained as 2.10.1999 until now, it appears that
there is now a build 2010 for the OS/2 version. It should have the
changes made in the code that are relevant to the OS/2 version. That
will be fewer fixes than the latest Win32 version because the OS/2
version does not have the PGP SDK nor does it have the connection page
in the account properties.

Hence this is a new version. I for one will try it out and see if it
makes any difference. I dare say that it has been placed on the ftp
site before any announcement is made.

Is anyone from BSW listening here? If so please comment.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails