Order of Processing

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:14:07 -0800

Friday, January 07, 2000, 11:00:43 AM, John wrote:
> PMMail/2 seems to me to be more than just a bit of a cycle hog.  Perhaps
> the programmers started out in Windoze?

    Bob, IIRC, worked at Microsoft at one time.  SHHHH, don't tell anyone.

> So, what detriment would harm the user if the messsages were downloaded,
> then processed, rather than processed one at a time?

    See Eudora and ask that question.  After the mail comes in it filters and
takes forever to do it.  Where will the messages be stored until they are
filtered?  How will the filters be applied to it?

    Here's one benefit.  I'm downloading 2-300 messages and it is going to
take a while.  I'd like to start reading, and replying, now.  Either all the
messages are dumped into the inbox (thus, being a mess), into a temp folder
that is accessible (again, a mess) or into a temp location that is
inaccessible (no way to read/reply now).