Order of Processing

Philip R. Mann pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 07 Jan 2000 15:47:27 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 07 Jan 2000 11:00:43 -0800 (PST), John M Price PhD wrote:

>PMMail/2 seems to me to be more than just a bit of a cycle hog.

No problem even when using my 486 50mhz notebook.

>That said, and with all its benefits, can someone tell me of what good it is to filter messages as they come in?

Even though I have about 40 filters, filtering is almost instanteous
when I'm connected through DSL at 640K at home or through a T1 network
connection at work.  If you're worried that it keeps you online longer
than it should, you must have a filter set to examine an entire message
(rather than just the header or part of the header) and get rather long
messages; otherwise, I don't see how you'd see any delay.