PMMail/2 MIME Association Question

Sid Gale pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:51:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 08 Jan 2000 13:39:49 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I'm trying to set up a PMMail/2 MIME association using a Win3.1 viewer
>program in a seamless WINOS2 session.  However, whenever I double-click
>on an attachment containing that type of document, I get a SYS0638
>error which indicates that "the DOS application is trying to access a
>function that is not supported by the virtual device driver."  More
>specifically, the error returned is: "The Matrox virtual device driver
>does not support command window WIN-OS/2 access."
>
>he MIME association is set up as a seamless WINOS2 session and I don't
>have any problems running the program as a seamless session from the
>WPS.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to get this to work?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ralph Cohen

Three suggestions:

1 run the Win3.1 viewer full-screen, or

2 Use the MGAGRADD driver, which doesn't seem to suffer from this
problem, or

3 set up an association from a program object to the file type in
question and leave the application field in the mime association blank.
This causes the file to be passed to the WPS, which invokes the
associated application.

Regards

Sid Gale