Corrupted Folder.BAG files in PMMail 2000 (Windows)

Jimmy McCorquodale pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:41:15 -0500

I had this happen here to once with a DOC file as an attachment also.  It multiplied into 3 copies.

I thought of it as a one time fluke, but since someone else had it, I guess I am wrong...  We will
look into it.

To fix it, I moved one copy of the offending message to another folder and deleted the rest of the
duplicates, re-indexed it, and then brought the one copy back.   I haven't had it happen again since
then (about a month).

jimmy

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 07:57:15 -0500, Michael Baum wrote:

>No, this happens in normal operations, and reindexing perpetuates the problem. I believe it's a bug in PMMail itself, not
the OS.

>It is associated with certain messages that have attachments, apparently due to an error in correctly reading and then
storing in the BAG file the header tag for the attachement portion of the message. A problem-causing example seems to
be:

>------_=_NextPart_000_01BF5BA2.9E89B91E
>	name="Observation Form.doc"
>
>Perhaps PMMail has trouble with the embedded line-break?

PMMail 2000 Professional with PGP now legal for export !!!
Ask me about the upgrade

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr.
jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

Blueprint Software Works, Inc.