Fwd: RE: Newsletter Technical Feedback

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 06:49:20 -0700

Saturday, July 08, 2000, 6:37:43 AM, Trevor wrote:
> Fine with me. Thanks for the logic, it helps me accept RFCs a bit
> better. Not that I really doubted them--everyone seems to use them
> like they're God's law--I was just vague on how they got that way.

    My take on it is that they grew into that role and the name stuck.  Also
there might be misunderstanding in the name.  For eample, an RFC could mean
that a Request For Comments went out, comments were collected, discussed, and
the results were distilled into the RFC.  To be perfectly honest I don't know
how they fell into that role, I just know that the fill it.

   Besides, where else are you going to find the protocol for data
transmission via carrier pigeon?   :)