New topic PMINews & PMMail in OS/2

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:45:25 +0100

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:00:03 +0900 (EST), John Angelico wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I want to set up PMINews (newsgroups: shudder) so that I can share address books, sig files, etc with my existing
>PMMail/2 setup.
>
>Can anyone tell me how to install PMINews to do that please?

Provided that you have a directory structure where PMMail and PMINews
are both in their own sub-directories at the same level and there is
also a directory at the same level called Tools (probably created by
PMMail), the address book will be automatically shared.

Sig files are a bit harder, each account in PMMail has its own sigs and
each grouplist in PMINews has as well. They are in the sigs
sub-directory of each account directory or grouplist directory.

It should be possible to create the grouplists within PMINews and thus
the sigs directory for each one, there is then a sig.lst file and then
sig<n>.txt files for each sig within the sigs directory.

You can copy these around while PMINews is shut down, so it should be
possible to use the PMMail equivalents and copy them to where you need
them. The format is the same for each program but it is not possible to
use one single file set for all purposes.

Hope this helps.
              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails