PGP problems

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:02:17 -0300

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:21:37 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>I regularly receive encrypted email from a specific person.  When I
>click on it in the message list, I'm not prompted for a passphrase,
>instead the preview pane starts like this:
>
>-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
>Version: PGP Personal Privacy 6.0.2
>=A0
>qANQR1DBwU4D6N
>
>If I double-click on the message to read it, I'm again not prompted
>for a passphrase and it opens as above.

I wonder if there might be some inconsistency between his version of
PGP and  the version in PMMail 2000 Pro.

I rarely use the Windows version (I happen to be doing so now) and I
simply copied my PGP 5.0i keyrings over from OS/2 so I can't comment.

I can say, however, that your message also generates this error for
me:

>ascii armor input incomplete

But this is most likely because it contains the cropped "begin PGP
message" line but not "end PGP message" line. PGP sees the start and
tries to decrypt but can't, of course, because there's no end and it
is not, in fact, a PGP message at all.

I gather that you've already gotten PGP working but as a start why
don't you try sending a PGP message to me?

I've included my PGP key here. Feel free to send a message to
trevor@haligonian.com using it to encrypt. Or, send me a signed
message (I've requested your PGP key so presumably I'll get it
automatically soon).

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: A68C C4EC C163 5C0A  6CFA 671F 05D4 0B30