PGP problems

Andrew Webber pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 14:19:39 -0400

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:02:17 -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:

>I can say, however, that your message also generates
>this error for me:
>
>>ascii armor input incomplete
>
>But this is most likely because it contains the cropped
>"begin PGP message" line but not "end PGP message" line.
>PGP sees the start and tries to decrypt but can't, of
>course, because there's no end and it is not, in fact,
>a PGP message at all.

Interesting, I get that too (I _wondered_ why there was a key icon
next to my message when it echoed back from the list!).  But it
doesn't ask for a passphrase, though.

>I gather that you've already gotten PGP working but as
>a start why don't you try sending a PGP message to me?

I'll do that in a separate message.  Yes, I've got it working (his
messages do decrypt when I hit reply, and he's never complained
about mine to him -- although when I first got this working, I was
PGP-signing everything, and I was getting complaints about
significant amounts of crap at the ends of messages [not just the
five lines or so] from people without PGP).

>(I've requested your PGP key so presumably I'll get it
>automatically soon).

I don't think I set up anything automatically, and I haven't
received your request yet.

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
------
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
current local weather: http://cnn.com/WEATHER/html/OttawaOntario.html