PGP problems

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 01:00:54 -0300 (ADT)

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 14:19:39 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>Interesting, I get that too (I _wondered_ why there was a key icon
>next to my message when it echoed back from the list!).  But it
>doesn't ask for a passphrase, though.

It probably doesn't attempt to decode a message that doesn't have a
"end pgp message" line. How could it? If it doesn't attempt to decode
it, it doesn't need your passphrase.

This is only relevant to incomplete messages.

>I'll do that in a separate message.  Yes, I've got it working (his
>messages do decrypt when I hit reply, and he's never complained
>about mine to him -- although when I first got this working, I was
>PGP-signing everything, and I was getting complaints about
>significant amounts of crap at the ends of messages [not just the
>five lines or so] from people without PGP).

"significant amounts of crap"? Got a sample?

>>(I've requested your PGP key so presumably I'll get it
>>automatically soon).
>
>I don't think I set up anything automatically, and I haven't
>received your request yet.

Damn. I've been having real weird mail server problems lately. :-(

If it's not automatic, why does your sig say "for PGP public key,
send email with "send public key" as subject"?

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor