What happened to PMINews?

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:36:13 +0100

On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:53:36 +0200 (CEST), Jens Berg wrote:

>Does anyone remember the companion program of pmmail/2 called
>pminews/2? Are there updates or bugfixes available? If yes, where?

I and many others still use it, but it is not being developed and no
bug fixes have appeared. I have been trying to get some sort of answer
out of Southsoft and Stardock about the possibility of making PMINews
open source. So far, absolutely no response at all.

FWIW, I find that it works extremely well in conjunction with Changi as
a local news server. I very rarely have any trouble with it, the only
niggle is the heavy CPU use when starting and closing the program and
the occasional reversal of newsgroup names in the display despite the
settings being unchanged.

Well worth what I paid for it IMHO.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?