What happened to PMINews?

Dave Liquorice pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 22:19:05 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:36:13 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

> I and many others still use it, but it is not being developed and no
> bug fixes have appeared. I have been trying to get some sort of answer
> out of Southsoft and Stardock about the possibility of making PMINews
> open source. So far, absolutely no response at all.

It is a great shame that it appears dead in the water. I wonder if
Blueprint Software Works would be interested, if the owners (who ever
they are) don't wish to make it open source?

> FWIW, I find that it works extremely well in conjunction with Changi
> as a local news server.

Same here, Changi on the same machine and across the LAN to my Leafnode
server on a Linux box.

> Well worth what I paid for it IMHO.

Donno what I paid, might have been the same as you.  B-)  Maybe that is
why it's dead in the water.

Cheers
Dave.