HTML mail crashes PMMail/2

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:17:21 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:04:08 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    Yes.  The problem messages are a new brand of spam which are URL encoded,
>MIME encoded messages which are supposed to open up a browser window to the
>spam site upon viewing.  Somehow the double encoding is causing problems with
>PMMail.

BTW, just in case people thought I had vacated this list and just for
those who I've argued with in the past about the definition of a
"bug":

I would say that the URL-encoded, MIME-encoded messages that crash
PMMail are (BIG) bugs.

This type of email was something the original developers didn't
foresee (and really shouldn't have been expected to since it seems to
be complete garbage as far as I'm concerned) BUT this is definitely
"not the way the application was intended to work".

I believe, from my casual conversations with Bob and Evan way back
when, that they actually intended for PMMail to remain open while
reading email, as opposed to spontaneously combusting. :-)

And we are aware of, very concerned with, and actively working on a
fix for this problem for both versions of PMMail.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6