Requiem

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 07:59:56 -0700

Thursday, June 15, 2000, 6:51:15 AM, Rodney wrote:
> As I just replied to Mr. Lamb:

    Oh, want to play that game?

> On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:59:36 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> [...]
>>    Now, Trevor's involvement in the list has been stellar.  You'd be hard
>>pressed to get me to think ill will of him.  What he has done is relay
> [...]

> When did I try to get Mr. Lamb to think ill of Trevor?

    News flash, you didn't.  That was a statement to show the separation of
blaming BSW and blaming Trevor.  If you had quoted the complete paragraph...

"    Now, Trevor's involvement in the list has been stellar.  You'd be hard
pressed to get me to think ill will of him.  What he has done is relay
information as he's gotten it and the people he's been relaying for have been
screwing him, and us, over.  Ralph provided a history of how often and long
they have been breaking promises to and through Trevor.  Hell, even I didn't
realize it had been that long."

    ...it becomes clear.  Here I go explaining it line by line so you can
understand.  Ready, got the notepad out?  Good.

    First line is to establish my opinion of Trevor's involvement here.  He's
been the point man for BSW on this list in an unofficial capacity (IIRC).

    Second line reaffirms the first.

    Third line shows the position that Trevor has been in.  Most of what BSW
has "said" on this list has come from Trevor.  However, I think we're all
aware he's mostly a relay and not a decision maker.  The line also establishes
that fact.  It also places the blame at some point above Trevor not Trevor
himself.

    Fourth line states that while Ralph quoted Trevor his ire (again, if I am
wrong, he can correct me) is not with Trevor, but with the people feeding
Trevor the bad information.

    Fifth line states that I was unaware of how often bad information has been
coming out.

    Now, this is in direct response to your message
<http://www.rpglink.com/pmmail/archives/pmmail.2000-06/0055.html> in which you