Redux: HTML mail crashes PMMail/2

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:38:07 -0300 (ADT)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:08:37 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>Sounds like a good idea - it should work (someone posted an
>HTML filter here recently which should serve as a basis).

Might have been me?

Complex filter:

(Header.toid="trevor@haligonian.com")
  &
(Header.Content-Type="text/html")

First line says the message is actually to me, and not a blind spam.
Second line says it has a header line of "text/html". In my scenario,
I used it to send a rap on the knuckles to people who sent HTML
emails to me. Spam which had HTML in it but was not really sent
directly to me was ignored. NOTE: change my email address to yours
above!

Change the above to:

!(Header.toid="trevor@haligonian.com")
  &
(Header.Content-Type="text/html")

And set an action of "delete message" to delete any message to delete
any messages you receive containing HTML which are NOT addressed to
you. NOTE: change my email address to yours above!

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6