Chinese Laundry

Stephen A. Carter pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:54:17 +0900 (JST)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:48:57 -0700 (PDT), Yoppo wrote:
>In Windows, you'll have to run something like Unionway, NJStar, Twinbridge
>to view it properly.

The DOS version of NJStar (version 2.1 or thereabouts) also runs fine
in full-screen mode under OS/2.

>In OS/2, if you're lucky, maybe you can get Warpmate working or else
>ChinER is free and can work.

They're both available at
ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/international/chinese/

Never was able to get WarpMate to work...

>As for translation, you'll have to print it out and find yourself someone
>who knows how to read Chinese

Definitely.

>(or someone who can read Japanese Kanji).

Knowing Japanese kanji isn't enough to read Chinese, any more than
knowing the English alphabet is enough to read Swahili.  Believe me.
:-)