Chinese Laundry

S Zaveloff pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:25:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:48:57 -0700 (PDT), Yoppo wrote:

>Seeing as it appears to come from Taiwan, it will most likely be Chinese
>in Big-5 encoding. I don't think PMMail (not DBCS enabled, is it?) can
>handle it....too bad! Netscape and Outlook can handle this type of mail.
>
>In Windows, you'll have to run something like Unionway, NJStar, Twinbridge
>to view it properly.
>
>In OS/2, if you're lucky, maybe you can get Warpmate working or else
>ChinER is free and can work.

Actually, in OS/2, Netscape can read Chinese (both versions) and  Japanese
as well as a whole host of other languages if you install the TNR MT30
Unicode font, set the proper font associations and change the document
encoding appropriately.

In Windows, if you have MSWord with the Asian Font support installed, the
Chinese and Japanese fonts are available to the system and Netscape can
be set to use them.

Steven H. Zaveloff			     zaveloff@onr.com
P.O. Box 200203			     Tel: (512)219-7142
Austin, Texas 78720-0203		     Fax: (707)988-8694
         http://www.foreignword.com/cv/document_353.htm
Both delusion and enlightenment originate within the mind.