killer HTML messages: common features...

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:37:39 -0300 (ADT)

In working on a filter to catch and delete "killer HTML" messages, I
have noted that the ones I've seen so far all start with:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<!--  --><!-- *  * --><SCRIPT LANGUAGE=3D"JavaScript">IpVecIpV=3D

Can anyone tell me if they have evidence of a variation on this? If
they do actually all include these lines, it should be easy enough to
finish my filter and save everyone from the nuisance of these spam
(as an interim measure until we get the bug fixed).

Please let me know if the killer HTML messages you have seen have the
lines above as the first lines in the body or not.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6