Sharing PMMail across network

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:58:36 -0400

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:57:18 -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 16:03:57 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>>Thanks, Trevor.  I'm actually doing it the other way, i.e. I am
>>accessing accounts on an HPFS partition on the OS/2 system using IHPFS
>>and so far so good.
>
>Cool. Keep me posted on how it works. What's IHPFS? 3rd party driver
>for Win98?

Yep.  It's a driver for DOS and Windows that allows read only access to
HPFS partitions.  Here's the description fro
Hobbes:
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-viewer?sh=1&fname=/pub/dos/ihpfs128.zip

"iHPFS makes it possible for OS/2 users to use their HPFS partitions
when they boot plain DOS or Windows 9x. The HPFS partition is assigned
a drive letter, and can be accessed like any DOS drive. iHPFS is
restricted to read-only access.  Add to autoexec.bat to use under
Windows 9x. The program allows you to set drive letters and which HPFS
partitions to read. Also included are two DOS utilities dumbdrive and
killdrive to shuffle logical drive letters around. "

I've been using it for a couple of years to allow me to access my HPFS
drives when booting from a DOS floppies or Windows partitions.  I just
realized while writing this, however, that while using iHPFS allows me
to see and read from the HPFS partitions on the Win98 system, it's not
really being used to access the HPFS partitions on the OS/2 systems on
the network since they're always accessable through the peer network
anyway.

BTW, is there a way to select the bold and italic versions of the fonts
for the various windows?  For instance, I'd like to be able to use MS
Sans Serif Bold but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com