"Cannot resolve SMTP host name"

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:25:22 -0800

Sunday, March 12, 2000, 8:17:04 PM, Trevor wrote:
> Was just about to suggest this. It also happened to me once. Of
> course, this would affect *all* TCP/IP programs trying to access that
> domain (with the same OS).

    No, just that host, not the domain.  smtp.rpglink.com is a host on my
domain.  rpglink.com is my domain.  rpglink.com is /also/ a host in my domain.

    The distinction is that if you put in a hosts entry for smtp.rpglink.com
and I change the DNS for that name, you can still reach the other hosts in
rpglink.com.  ;)